Teachers are those people who shape up the minds of young people and help in bringing them as good citizen to the society and to the country. Can anyone become a great teacher/lecturer? A teacher can become a great teacher only he/she posses certain qualities. This article shows you a list of qualities which a great teacher/lecturer should posses.
- A great teacher should be friendly with the students. They should not panic the students so that the student could not even pose a single against them. A great teacher should create a friendly atmosphere in class room so that the students could ask their doubts and get them clarified.
- A great teacher should understand the mentality of the students. This comes only when the teachers act friendly there by maintaining their respect too.
- A great teacher should motivate the students. Motivation is a driving force to reach success. So a great teacher should motivate students by appreciation or by providing gifts etc.
- A great teacher should create a healthy competition in the class room. Students feel excited when something is provided as challenge to them. So they work hard enough to accomplish the task. In this way a student’s talent can be exposed.
- A great teacher should be passionate about teaching. They should have good knowledge in the subject matters and also they must teach in such a way that the students should be interested in learning the subject.
- A great teacher should use various sorts of teaching aids by presenting videos, power point presentation in such a way which increases the attention of students and helps in clearer understanding of the subject matter.
- A great teacher should maintain equality among all students. There should be no discrimination among students with respect to color, racial discrimination etc.
- A great teacher should have high expectation for students and encourage them in achieving it.
- A great teacher should track the performance of the students and monitor their strengths and weakness. They should communicate with the students their weakness and helps in making their weakness as their strength.
A great teacher is like a candle who consumes itself in order to provide the light of knowledge in to the life of students. So I would like to conclude by saying that not every teacher is a great teacher. In order to become a great teacher a person must possess the above mentioned qualities.