Google IT company profile: Complete details and official website details are gathered and a collection of information is given below about search giant Google. Google company placement papers are also available in our website for free of cost.
Google is an American Multinational Company established in the year 1998. The founders of Google are Larry Page, Sergey Brin. Google runs over one million servers in data centers all over their world. Google was a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were both Ph.D students at Stanford University in California.
[Do you know software companies in Bangalore & their details?]
California, United States
Co-founder & CEO -> Larry Page
Executive Chairman -> Eric Schmidt
Mission of the company:
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
- Create a climate of innovation
- Focus on the user
- Powered by partnership
- Be global, but be truly local
- All the devices, all the time
Tagline of Google:
Don’t be Evil
- Operating systems
- Web-based products
- Desktop applications
- Mobile applications
- Communication and publishing tools
- Advertising services
- Statistical tools
[Related: IT Related Studies Abroad]
Google Branches in India:
Branches in abroad:
- United States -> Washington, Phoenix, San Francisco, The Dallas, Los Angeles
- Canada -> Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
- Latin America -> Argentina, Mexico, Columbia, Peru
- Europe -> France, Italy, Hungary, Portugal, Russia, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden
- Middle east and Africa -> Egypt, Ghana, Israel, Kenya, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
- Asia pacific -> Singapore, Philippines, China, Japan , Australia, New Zealand
[Read: Infosys – IT Company Profile]
Google Company History:
– Started a search engine called BackRub.
– Renamed the search engine BackRub to Google (derived from the word Googol a mathematical term).
– Craig Silverstalin hired as the first employee.
– Launched MentalPlex
– Google Toolbar released.
– Launched image search
– Hired Silicon Valley.
[Useful: Final year projects code & Mini projects]
– Launched Google news
– Inaugurated new office at Sydney Australia
– Acquisition of Pyra Labs
– Lauched Google Book search
– Sets up office in Dublin
– Acquisition of Keyhole digital mapping company.
- Aptitude Practice Area -> Easy & Simple
– Google image search indexed 1.1 billion images
– Launched Google analytics
– Released Google Talk
– Launched Google Calendar
– Google signed up a partnership with China Mobile
– Google apps available in 28 languages.
[See Also: Country wise Basic Cost for Study Abroad]
– Acquisition of DoubleClick
– Google released an upgrade for Picassa.
– Google released iGoogle
– Acquisition of On2 technologies
– Google voice is available on US
– Acquisition of ITA.
[Read: Education loan in India]
– Acquisition of Motorola Mobility
– Redesigned Gmail
– Gmail 2 factor Authentication.
– Social networking website Google Plus launched.
– Movies on demand on Google play.
– Google plus Redesigned.
[Related: Study Abroad Guide]
Google Employee’s count:
Google has the work force of 53,861 employees as on 2012.
Google Basic salary in India:
- Software Engineer -> Rs 268,844 – Rs 1,796,694
- Sr. Software Engineer/Developer -> Rs 342,649 – Rs 1,120,952
- Account Planner, Advertising -> Rs 241,737 – Rs 971,354
[SEE: IBM – IT Company Profile]
Official website and Facebook:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Google
Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/google