Classroom management is one of the major responsibilities of a teacher. As a teacher you might frame rules for managing and controlling students in your classroom. However it is not the only way for classroom management. This article provides you a list of tips for effective classroom management.
- The primary key for classroom management is to set certain rules. Rules are something which the students dislike. Because they may feel that the rules might abandon their freedom. In order to make them to follow it, when certain rules are framed it must be communicated to the students well in advance before implementation.
- As a teacher you should study your students their nature, their capability, their attitude. Of course this does not come in a single day. You must first try to get along with your students so that you could understand them well enough.
- You must be calm and maintain fairness among all students. All the students do not follow the rules or all the students may or may not pay attention in your classes. Rather than punishing them you should try some other way in order to gain their attention. Patience is also a key factor you must possess. This is because some students may get on your nerves still you should control you temper and handle the situation patiently.
- Raising your tone is not a good way to gather attention from the students. Try to talk in your normal voice to the students and make them listen to the subject you are dealing with.
- As a teacher you should have sense of humor. This is because a humor can try to solve disruptions and set back things to normal. However you should not anyone’s feeling by making fun of. Try to design a safe, friendly and well managed environment.
- The teachers should give first preference to the students. Whether when it comes to the point of deciding on a project or setting out rules everything should be student centered.
- Whenever there is a dispute between you and students you should try to solve them before it turns out to be mountain from a molehill. This helps in having a better relationship with the students.
Rather than threatening the students by punishments you must furnish the things in such a way that the students are able to understand their part and behave as per your expectation.