Wipro Limited: IT company profile, complete details and official website details are gathered and a collection of information is given below. Do you know the Bangalore IT companies & e-mail details ?
Wipro one of the largest IT company was established in the year December 1945 by Amalner. Wipro has 46 development centers globally. Initially Wipro’s main product is to produce Sunflower Vanspathi oil and different soaps. Some of the clients of Wipro are Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Ericsson. It is one of the largest companies with 54 countries.
[Read: Placement papers free download]
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Chairman: Azem Premji
CEO: T. K. Kurein
Vision of the company:
Continuous effort to enhance people’s lifestyle and quality by means of developing new technology in wireless communication.
Mission of the company:
To be a RF System Solution Provider, through its innovative research and design works for a new world of broadband wireless communications.
Tagline of the company:
Services provided by Wipro:
- Cloud services
- Consulting services
- Infrastructure Management services
- Business application
- Product Engineering solutions
[Read: Study Abroad Guide]
Wipro Branches in India:
Branches in abroad:
- North America -> Canada
- South America -> Brazil
- Europe -> United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific -> Japan
[Useful: Education Loan Guide]
– Azim Premji took over Wipro as its chairman after his father’s death.
– Arrival of Wipro into IT domain
– Changed its name from Wipro Product Limited to Wipro Limited.
– Became the pioneers in marketing indigenous Personal computers
– Launched heavy duty industrial cylinders and mobile hydraulic cylinders
– Certified as SEI-CMM Level 5.
– First company to be certified as PCMM Level 5.
[SEE: Career Guidance for all]
– Launched BPO business
– Launched eco-energy business.
- Awarded supplier of Excellence award by Verizon in the year 2006.
- In 2007, was given the Global MAKE Awards Won outsourcing excellence award along with Nortel
- First Indian company to win the Dale Carnegie Global Leadership Award in 2007 and Cisco awarded Wipro as Top Sales Achievement Partner and Best Post Sales Support Partner of 2007.
- Was awarded Platinum Partner Award from Hitachi Data System for 2008-2009.
- In 2009, Wipro BPO was the winner for the best project achievement in the customer experience at the Global Six sigma and Business Improvement Award.
[Read: Projects free download]
As per the statistics of 2012, CTS and its subsidiaries have an employee count of 140,569.
Wipro’s Basic salary in India:
- Sr. Software Engineer / Developer -> Rs 350,234 – Rs 726,833
- Software Engineer -> Rs 241,953 – Rs 445,567
- Project Engineer -> Rs 199,183 – Rs 393,921
Official website and FB:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WiproTechnologies