Yahoo IT company profile: Complete details and official website details are gathered and a collection of information is given below about search giant Yahoo. All MNC companies placement papers download available in our website.
Yahoo (Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle) is established in the year 1995 by Jerry Yang, David Filo. Yahoo is an American Multinational Company. Jerry Yang and David Filo were the electrical students of Stanford University. They created a website called David and Jerry’s guide to the World Wide Web which is a directory of other websites. In 1994 David and Jerry’s guide to the World Wide Web was renamed as Yahoo.
[Do you know software companies in Bangalore & their details?]
California, United States
CEO -> Marissa Mayer
Chairman -> Fred Amoroso
Vision of the company:
Yahoo!’s vision is to be the center of people’s online lives.
Tagline of Yahoo:
Do you Yahoo?
- Customer Fixation
- Yahoo mobile
- Yahoo kids
- Yahoo Travel
- Yahoo sports
- Yahoo TV
- Yahoo screen
- Yahoo voice
- Yahoo Web analytics.
[Read: Infosys – IT Company Profile]
Yahoo Branches in India:
Branches in abroad:
- North America -> California, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Michigan, New York
- Paris, London, France
- Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing
[Related: Final year projects code & Mini projects]
Yahoo Company History:
– Started servicing adds
– Launched office at France, Germany, UK, Canada
– The company went public
– Launched Yahoo Chat
– Launched Yahoo Sports
– Launched Yahoo Address Book, Calendar
– Sets up office at Italy.
[Read: Aptitude Practice Area -> Easy & Simple]
– Inaugurated office at Mexico, China
– Acquired broadcast.com
– Acquisition eGroups
– Launched Yahoo Buzz Index, Yahoo Experts
– Partnership with Duet for online music subscription services
– Acquisition of sold.com.au
[Read: Education loan in India]
– Acquisition of Cade
– Sets up new Small Business site
– Partnership with Cisco to offer networking solutions for small business
– Yahoo acquired Overture.
– Developed its own search technologies.
[SEE: IBM – IT Company Profile]
– Microsoft Corporation made a bid to acquire Yahoo! for USD $44.6 billion but Yahoo rejected it.
– Yahoo asked its “Work from home” employees to work in its office in order to focus on experience and interactions that are possible only in office.
Yahoo Employee’s count:
Yahoo has the work force of 14,100 employees as on 2012.
Yahoo Basic salary in India:
- Principal Software Engineer -> Rs 1,019,042 – Rs 3,476,507
- Sr. Software Engineer/Developer -> Rs 506,207 – Rs 1,589,251
- Senior Software Engineer -> Rs 451,662 – Rs 1,290,283
- Senior Systems Engineer -> Rs 219,018 – Rs 1,293,093
Official website and Facebook:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/yahoo
Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Yahoo